first_imgHans Holbein bids to give Aidan O’Brien a third successive triumph in the MBNA Chester Vase and his sixth in all when facing five rivals on the Roodee on Thursday. Press Association The son of Montjeu, who also held an entry in Friday’s Dee Stakes, is Ballydoyle’s only representative from seven possibles. Hans Holbein, has had a busy spring campaign already winning the latest of two starts last month at Leopardstown. center_img He will be taken on by Godolphin’s Future Empire, who was well beaten by Christophermarlowe in Epsom’s Derby Trial two weeks ago. David Brown saddles Medrano, placed in both his starts in France this term, while Mike de Kock’s Tannaaf, easy Leicester maiden winner Storm The Stars and the Richard Hannon-trained Proposed complete the six-strong field. Four of the six – Hans Holbein, First Empire, Storm The Stars and Proposed – hold entries in the Investec Derby. last_img read more

first_img Mr. Holness said he is very pleased that the National Commercial Bank (NCB) and its Capital Market venture saw it fit to finance a company like GWest to realise its dream of building an expansive one-stop shop medical facility in Montego Bay. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, says Jamaica’s economic climate is so positive that banks are once again lending money for productive enterprises. Mr. Holness added that it is also good business sense that GWest is now looking at going on the Junior Stock Exchange and giving the public a chance to be a part of its ownership. Prime Minister, the Most Hon. Andrew Holness, says Jamaica’s economic climate is so positive that banks are once again lending money for productive enterprises.Delivering the keynote address at the official opening of the GWest Medical Centre in Fairview, Montego Bay, on November 2, Mr. Holness added that it is indeed a good sign for the country’s economic future, and that the Government sees it as a strong vote of confidence for the policies that are in place.“The data are showing that loans for productive enterprises are increasing, not just for consumption but for productive enterprises. That is a very good sign for growth,” the Prime Minister noted.Mr. Holness said he is very pleased that the National Commercial Bank (NCB) and its Capital Market venture saw it fit to finance a company like GWest to realise its dream of building an expansive one-stop shop medical facility in Montego Bay.“For providing the investment for this facility, the Government is very pleased and we want to call out NCB and NCB Capital Market for taking the risk and providing the loan to make this possible,” the Prime Minister said.“It is also a vote of confidence in the economic direction that banks are now willing to look at investments and calculate the risk and absorb them in their portfolio, and actually lend,” he added.The Prime Minister said it was not that long ago when the criticism was that banks were reluctant to lend money to high-risk investments, preferring to offer loans to businesses that were deemed “riskless”.“It is a very good look for our economy when the banks are willing to finance companies like GWest. We certainly need these kind of investments to keep our economy growing,” he argued.Mr. Holness added that it is also good business sense that GWest is now looking at going on the Junior Stock Exchange and giving the public a chance to be a part of its ownership.“I would encourage Jamaicans to try and own a piece of GWest by way of the stock market,” the Prime Minister said.The GWest Centre was established by a group of Jamaican medical and business professionals. It is housed in a modern multipurpose commercial complex and provides a wide range of high-quality medical services in the same location. Story Highlightslast_img read more

first_imgFacebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 15 May 2015 – Tourism and Business leaders from the World’s Best Island Destination will file out on Sunday for a one week trek through the United States. Some countries call it a fam trip, but with business, investment and tourism to be pitched to potential interests, the Turks and Caicos is labeling the stride as the Premier’s North American Tourism, Investment & Commerce Sales Blitz. Beginning in Atlanta, moving on to Dallas and Houston with a stop into Chicago, New York and Boston the team representing the Office of the Premier, the Ministry of Tourism, the Tourist Board, TCHTA and Turks and Caicos Real Estate Association (TCREA) will be led by Hon Porsha Smith, Minister of Tourism. Through luncheons and evening meetings the group will meet with as many as 600 executives to promote the islands at venues including the City Club of Buckhead, rooftop at the Knickerbocker and the Crescent Club. The Office of the Premier says the benefit of the strategic meetings with these six cities in the five days is a maneuver for short and long term growth. “The overall benefits of the Sales Blitz to the Turks and Caicos Islands are expected to be increases in tourist arrivals, the broadening of opportunities for investment and building on the strategic direction for bringing sustainable year-round stimuli to the economy, particularly to the hospitality sector and especially to the small and medium sized businesses locally.” You can follow me on Twitter @DeeCaribbean, we will have your regular highlights. TCI: Hard work happens each day, says new President of TC Hotel and Tourism Association; Strategic Action Plan unveiled Related Items:Investment & Commerce Sales Blitz, ministry of tourism, Portia smith, premier rufus ewing, Premier’s North American Tourism, TCHTA, the Tourist Board, Turks and Caicos Real Estate Association Luxury events for Chicago’s leading travel and media professionals hosted by #TeamTCI Turks and Caicos invited to the World Gourmet Summit in Singapore Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for youlast_img read more

first_imgBorussia Dortmund youngster Jadon Sancho has discussed speculation over his future after rumors of a potential sale to Paris Saint-Germain surfaced in the press.The 18-year-old says he owes the Germans too much to consider leaving.The former Manchester City trainee has been linked with a move away from the Dortmund but has distanced himself from a switch to France or anywhere else for that matter.Speaking to Bild, as quoted by Mirror Football, the England international has five goals and eight assists already this season, says his only focus is on the title race in Germany.He said: “I’m not wasting any thoughts on a change, I owe a lot to BVB and I have a lot in mind with this team. I’m happy here and did not sign for so long for anything.”“By giving everything and giving our fans full throttle, we know how strong the Bavarians are but we also know that can beat them if we have a good day, especially at home.”borussia dortmund, marco reus, jadon sancho, paco alcacerReport: Dortmund hammer four past Leverkusen George Patchias – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund put four past Bayer Leverkusen.Borussia Dortmund leapfrogged Bayern Munich to claim second place in the Bundesliga. After handing out a 4-0 thrashing of…“We have respect for them but also a lot of self-confidence and we all stick together.”Meanwhile, England manager Gareth Southgate has again called Sancho up and could feature against Croatia and the USA.“Jadon has tremendous belief in himself,” said the Three Lions boss. “He’s physically ready. I think with some of these younger players, going abroad isn’t such a big deal these days.”“The world is a small place. They know they can fly home in a couple of hours. So they kind of just go for it. Youngsters view it all a bit differently.”last_img read more

first_img Dan Cohen AUTHOR The cost of construction projects needed to accommodate new aircraft and vehicles at a handful of Marine Corps bases is starting to add up. The defense authorization bill passed by the Senate last week includes $134 million to build new hangars and other infrastructure needed to support the first F-35 squadrons assigned to Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point, N.C., reports Marine Corps Times. The measure authorizes $200 million in military construction funds for multiple projects at Camp Pendleton, Calif., including a maintenance facility to support replacement amphibious vehicles, a mess hall and a warehouse. Another high-cost initiative is readying Guam to house about 4,100 Marines moving from Okinawa. The Senate bill authorizes more than $340 million for joint Navy/Marine and Air Force projects on the island, including new ordnance storage, dining and housing facilities, and a machine gun range. Marine Corps photo by Lance Cpl. Alexia Lythoslast_img read more