first_img“We’re always worried about safety,” he said. “We want to get rid of this thing.”Trump, who is facing a tough re-election battle in November, is scheduled to attend a “Students for Trump” event in Phoenix on Tuesday.He held a campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, on Saturday, his first since the pandemic began, but it was sparsely attended. The death toll from the coronavirus pandemic in the United States could surpass 150,000, President Donald Trump said Monday.”It could get up to 150,” Trump said in an interview with the cable television channel Spectrum News. “It could go beyond that.”But we would have lost two million to four million lives [without mitigation],” he said. A study published by the Imperial College of London in mid-March warned of a possible 2.2 million deaths in the United States if no efforts had been taken to mitigate the spread of the highly-contagious virus.The US death toll from COVID-19 has topped 120,000, according to a tracker maintained by Johns Hopkins University.”We’ve done a good job and now we’re bringing the country back,” Trump said.The president was also asked about holding more campaign rallies at a time when the virus was still spreading in several southern and western states.center_img Topics :last_img read more

first_imgSteven Gerrard prevented Luis Suarez from joining Arsenal (Picture: Getty)‘We qualified for the UEFA Europa League but the season ended badly,’ Suarez told Otro.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘I’m about to go to Arsenal, forcing myself to go, and Steven tells me ‘I promise that if you stay this year you’re going to take off and next year you’ll go to Bayern, Barcelona, Real Madrid or whichever one you want, but stay this year because you won’t be better off at Arsenal’.‘This was the last conversation I had with Gerrard at that moment and I told my agent that I had made my decision and I was staying.‘His words convinced me in that moment. They came from a person who cared for me, who wanted my well-being, who saw me suffer during training and saw me sad.‘They were words from a true captain that had an impact in that moment and helped me a lot.’More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Luis Suarez came close to joining Arsenal in the summer of 2013 (Picture: Getty)Luis Suarez was persuaded to snub a transfer to Arsenal after an impassioned plea from his former captain Steven Gerrard.The Uruguay international had his heart set on a move to north London after Arsene Wenger sanctioned an audacious £40,000,001 offer which prompted Liverpool owner John W. Henry to infamously tweet ‘What do you think they’re smoking over there at Emirates?’Suarez threatened to go on strike but was talked down by Gerrard before enjoying a prolific campaign, spearhead a Liverpool strike-force that came within a whisker of winning a first Premier League title.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City Metro Sport ReporterFriday 15 Mar 2019 8:57 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link760Shares Comment Luis Suarez reveals how Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard blocked Arsenal transfer Advertisement Advertisementlast_img read more

first_img37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.auOn the list of high-end finishes were Gaggenau kitchen appliances including two ovens, walk-in pantry, stone breakfast bar, fully ducted airconditioning, sound system, LED lighting, two guest powder rooms, intercom security. external privacy shutters, landscaped gardens with LED lighting and heaps of storage space. 37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.auLiveability was a key consideration, she said. “Wall, floor and ceiling insulation ensure superior soundproofing and year-round comfort, all external joinery has been constructed from strong, sustainable mahogany and all internal joinery is solid timber.” 37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.auThe multi-level home, which underwent a “lavish transformation” to make the most of views of the Brisbane CBD skyline, was clearly an executive home.More from newsMould, age, not enough to stop 17 bidders fighting for this home2 hours agoBuyers ‘crazy’ not to take govt freebies, says 28-yr-old investor8 hours ago 37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.auShe said it blended a classic facade with “a striking contemporary edge”.There are 3metre-plus high ceilings, elegant wall and door panelling and solid timber flooring, alongside fine marble and Caeserstone finishes and designer pendant lighting. 37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.auAgent Tina Edwards of LJ Hooker New Farm was marketing its generous family floorplan and “distinctive flair of Thomas & Alexander interior design” as putting the “just completed, master-crafted renovation” in a class of its own. 37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.auA MASTER-CRAFTED inner city renovation is in a class of its own in a Brisbane hotspot.The five-bedroom, four bathroom, two car space home at 37 Prince St, Paddington, is on the market with a price guide of $2.5 million. 37 Prince Street Paddington Qld 4064. Picture: Realestate.com.aulast_img read more

first_img35 Hulme st, Virginia. 35 Hulme st, Virginia.Ms Butler said the home, on a 607sq m block, was renovated prior to her moving in.“We’ve done a few things like totally replace the whole fence, put airconditioning in every room and putting in fly screens,” she said.And there is the potential to turn the downstairs living area into a kitchen (connections installed). Ms Butler said there were modern fixtures and fittings throughout the home.With great neighbours and kids living on either side of the property, Ms Butler said she hoped another family would move in.“It’s a very quiet area, and not a lot goes on here,” she said.“We are close to parks and shops – it’s very handy to everything.” 35 Hulme st, Virginia.The kitchen is the central hub combining a wide open-plan family living and dining area that flows out to a party-size deck.Other appealing features include a double sink, gas cooktop and dishwasher.Plumbing has been installed for a double-door fridge, and there’s an abundance of cupboards and soft close drawers.More from newsFor under $10m you can buy a luxurious home with a two-lane bowling alley5 Apr 2017Military and railway history come together on bush block24 Apr 2019 35 Hulme st, Virginia.Alison Butler and her five-year-old son are downsizing to a smaller home.Their five-bedroom, two-bathroom home at 35 Hulme St, Virginia is too big for the two of them.“This is definitely a family household,” Ms Butler said.“It’s such a beautiful house with plenty of space to enjoy.“We just don’t get the time to enjoy it.” 35 Hulme st, Virginia.The open spaced backyard and pool area comes with plenty of grassed areas, perfect to kick back, relax with your favourite beverage and let your cares drift away.The low-maintenance gardens around the pool offer unlimited opportunities to make the property your own.last_img read more

first_imgNorwegian industry initiative GCE Subsea has informed that Kai Stoltz has joined its team as business development manager.According to GCE subsea, Stoltz’s main tasks will be within the key strategic areas of Ocean Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Business Development, Market and Work Processes.Stoltz has over 20 years of experience within the subsea industry with roles spanning from engineering and project management to business development.This includes 12 years with FMC Technologies, 5 years with Sway (offshore wind), 3 years in Reef Subsea and 2 years in Dunlop Hiflex.last_img read more

first_imgMr. George Arnold Harlow, age 78, of Vevay, Indiana, entered this life on February 3, 1940, on Tapp’s Ridge at their home in Switzerland County, Indiana. He was the loving son of, Ollie L. and Mary E. (Bennett) Harlow Reynolds. George was raised in Switzerland County where he attended high school. George was united in marriage on June 29, 1968, at the Ruter Chapel United Methodist Church in Vevay, Indiana, to Donna Jean Coy and to this union arrived a daughter, Angela to bless their home. George and Donna shared nearly 50 years of marriage together until his death. George was employed for Schenley Distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana for 25 years, until 1988 when the company shutdown. He was later employed as the night security officer for the Ogle Haus in Vevay, Indiana, for several years and for Lee Bliss General Store in Markland, Indiana. George was employed as the custodian for the Switzerland County Courthouse, retiring in April 2010. George resided in Cincinnati, Ohio from 1968 – 1973 and later moved back to the Switzerland County community where he resided until his passing. George enjoyed farming, raising tobacco and hay for many years, fishing and watching the Cincinnati Reds. But most of all, George enjoyed spending time with his three grandchildren and attending their academic activities as well as their sporting events. George passed away at 11:48 a.m., Wednesday, February 21, 2018, at the Hospice Care of Saint Elizabeth in Edgewood, Kentucky. George will be deeply missed by his loving wife of nearly 50 years, Donna Jean (Coy) Harlow of Vevay, IN; his daughter, Angela Todd and her husband: David of Vevay, IN; his grandchildren, Logan, Brooke and Cooper Todd; his brothers, Robert Harlow of Cincinnati, OH and Ollie Harlow, Jr. of Cincinnati, OH; his father-in-law and mother-in-law, Robert Allen and Naomi Jean (Slack) Coy of Milroy, IN; his brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Carolyn Sue and Stan Whalen of Ross, OH, Glenda Lou and Jim Brown of Middletown, OH, Joan and Don Wipf of Collinsville, OK, Doris Jan and Terry Young of Rising Sun, IN, Benita Colleen and Bill Kaffenberger of Hidden Valley Lake, Lawrenceburg, Indiana, Melanie and Terry McQueen of Rushville, IN, Louis Allen Coy of Florence, IN, Nathan Lynn Coy of Florence, IN and Jonathan Edward and Lisa Coy of Greensburg, IN and his several nieces, nephews and cousins.He was preceded in death by his parents, Ollie L. Harlow, Sr., died January 17, 1940 and Mary E. (Bennett) Harlow Reynolds, died December 3, 1975 and his sister, Ella Mae Peelman, died March 18, 2005.Funeral services will be conducted Monday, February 26, 2018, at 11:00 am, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Interment will follow in the Hastie Cemetery, Markland, Indiana.Friends may call 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm, Sunday, February 25, 2018, at the Haskell & Morrison Funeral Home, 208 Ferry Street Vevay, Indiana 47043. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice Care of Saint Elizabeth or Keeping Pace Cancer Fund % CFSCI. Cards are available at the funeral home.last_img read more

first_imgEd Goble-left courtesy of The RepublicBatesville, IN—Edward E. Goble, age 81 of Batesville, passed away on Monday.  You maybe remember Ed served ten counties during his 24 years as a state legislator from 1970 – 1994, holding the position of majority whip and minority whip in addition to serving on numerous committees while in the statehouse.State Sen. Jean Leising stated, about her interactions with Ed, “It was a different era in Indiana politics and he certainly worked hard to serve his constituents and I feel that is reflected in the fact that he served there for 24 years. ”According to a Greensburg Daily News article from 1976- Ed served as the past president of the Ripley county young democrats and was the campaign coordinator for congressman lee Hamilton.Ed was also a former member of the Batesville Fire Department, Community Mental Health Board of Directors, New Horizons Board of Directors and during his time in the statehouse, he was instrumental in the construction of State Road 129, serving as Indiana chairman of the Indiana Transportation Advisory commission in 1976.Through all his work for our area and the state, Ed was a member of St. Louis Church, The American Legion Post #271 and the Batesville Knights of Columbus Council #1461 and it is noted that family always came first As he was a devout family man, spending time with his loving wife Clara, and children Lee Ann, Lori, and Larry.A link to his obituary can be found here.last_img read more

first_imgMidfielder Darron Gibson feels normal service has been resumed at Everton following their stunning win over champions Manchester City. He went on: “We all knew as a team that wasn’t Everton last week. We had an off-day. But we showed everyone what we can do, even going down to 10 men I think we still deserved the three points.” It was a game City had needed to win to keep alive their slim Barclays Premier League title hopes but, even after having Steven Pienaar sent off just after the hour, Everton always had the upper hand. A superb strike from Leon Osman after 32 minutes and a breakaway effort from Nikica Jelavic in injury time secured a win that provided a stark contrast to last week’s debacle. Pienaar was dismissed for two bookable offences, first a late challenge on Gareth Barry and then after catching Javi Garcia with his studs. City had chances to equalise in the second half, most notably as back-up goalkeeper Jan Mucha denied James Milner and Pablo Zabaleta, but Everton’s resolve did not weaken. Gibson said: “That just shows the team spirit. Most teams, against a quality team like City, would crumble but we dug in, kept our shape well and worked hard for each other. “Luckily we got the second goal at the end.” After a week of soul-searching following their shattering FA Cup quarter-final loss to Wigan, the Toffees roared back to their best to shock City 2-0 at Goodison Park. Gibson said: “I think we needed to do that after the performance last week, but I think we have been great all season. Last week was a bad week for us but we have bounced back and showed what kind of a team we really are.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

first_imgA sheriff in Georgia recently got involved in the legal system in a different way.According to Sheriff Larry Dean, about three-fourths of the people who were summoned for jury duty in his county did not show up to serve last week.A television station in Laurens County, Georgia, reports that only 60 out of 200 people who were mailed subpoenas responded.The unexpectedly low turnout resulted in deputies calling the no-shows last Tuesday. The sheriff also used his department’s Facebook page to warn people that a judge could have absent prospective jurors arrested.Dean says that enough people answered those calls to make up four juries. The excuse many of them gave was simply that they were busy.The sheriff adds that none of those who initially failed to answer the jury summons were arrested.last_img read more

first_imgSerena Williams will return to tennis in Abu Dhabi  this week, almost four months after giving birth.The American, 36, will play world number seven Jelena Ostapenko in an exhibition match on December 30 during the Mubadala World Tennis Championship.Williams, who has won an Open-era record 23 Grand Slams, said she was “delighted to be returning to the court”.She gave birth to daughter Alexis Olympia Ohanian in September.Former world number one Williams has not played since winning the Australian Open in January.Coach Patrick Mouratoglou said in November that no decision had been made over whether Williams would play in the season’s first Grand Slam.Australian Open director Craig Tilley has said Williams is “very likely” to defend her title at the 2018 tournament, which starts on 15 January.Ranked 22nd in the world, she would not need a wildcard.Rafael Nadal, Milos Raonic and Stan Wawrinka have pulled out of the Mubadala World Tennis Championship, which runs between December 28 and 30.Latvian Ostapenko, whose match against Williams will be the first between women to be played at a tournament first staged in 2009, said: “It is a huge honour to be part of that history.”Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more